What we do
Our overarching aim is to improve the competitive position of our growers.
We are committed to harnessing the synergies and opportunities that a Producer Organisation (PO) structure can offer. These include gains in production; better demand planning; improved product and process quality; better marketing; better agronomy; increased training and additional environmental actions.
Increasing competitiveness is an absolute essential in the highly competitive UK marketplace; producing quality mushrooms at lower costs is the key to being competitive.
We access the funds available under the PO scheme to invest in areas where it is most needed – improving productivity, product quality and working conditions.
Our immediate investment priority is to upgrade production facilities and infrastructure, ensuring that we:
- Produce quality mushrooms
- Maximise the efficient operation of our farms
- Address labour challenges by improving productivity.
Our other priorities are to:
- Support R&D and innovation on production, grading, packing and chilling techniques.
- Promote supply chain efficiencies to reduce costs, increase product quality and volumes and improve grower returns.
By adopting a collaborative approach, Mushroom PO members benefit from creating critical mass and product range, enabling them to meet a wider range of customer demands.